|Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages|
Our physical address:
6821 West Lake Blvd
Tahoma CA 96142
PO Box 234
Tahoma CA 96142
Toll Free: 866-525-1553
Directions from Everywhere:
Be aware that road and weather conditions can change rapidly. Be sure to carry tire chains during Fall, Winter and Spring. Please plan for winter driving from October to April or even May depending on the weather conditions.
During the Winter Highway 89 is frequently closed between Tahoma and South Lake Tahoe at Emerald Bay for avalanche control. Please plan to arrive during the winter months via North Lake Tahoe and Truckee.
Current road conditions please call Cal-Trans at 800-427-ROAD and enter the Highway #.
Most Direct All Season directions:
Via Highway 80 (Bay Area & Reno Year Round):
* Exit Hwy 80 at Exit 185 - Hwy 89 Truckee
* South on Hwy 89 Tahoe City. 13.6 miles
* Turn Right - Continuing South on Hwy 89 towards Emerald Bay - 8.5 miles
* We are located on the right side of Hwy 89 - Red barn style building
Via Highway 395 (Southern California/Vegas Year Round):
* Hwy 395 to Reno
* Hwy 80 West to Truckee then follow directions above.
Alternative & Scenic Directions - Please note that some of these routes may have winter closures.
Via Highway 50 (Bay Area & Carson City ):
* Hwy 50 South Lake Tahoe
* Go North on Hwy 89 Emerald Bay Road approx 21 miles
* We are located on the Mountain side of the road.
Via 120 - Yosemite National Park (Summer Only)
* Hwy 120 East to Hwy 395
* Then follow Hwy 395 directions below
Via Highway 395 (Southern California/Vegas Summer Only):
* Hwy 395 North to Hwys 89, 207 or 50
* Follow signs to South Lake Tahoe
* From jct of hwy 50 and 89 go North on 89 to Tahoma 21 miles
* Look for us us on the left (mtn side) 100 yrds north of the market.
Bay Area Alternate route Hwy 580-Hwy 88-Hwy 89 (Summer only): This is one of the most scenic and best ways to avoid Friday traffic in the East Bay and Sacramento areas.
* Hwy 580 East to Hwy 205 East
* North on Hwy 5
* East on Hwy 4
* East on Hwy 88 towards Jackson and over Carson Pass
* North on Hwy 89 at Hope Valley
* Continue North on Hwy 89 from the juction with hwy 50 - 21 miles
* Look for us on the left side, 100 yrds north of the market
Ultimate 4x4 route: Rubicon OHV Trail (Summer Only): This is not for your average 4x4. No, your rental Explorer will not make it! If you have a burly 4x4 and want some adventure check this out. We are located just .5 mile from the trails end. Here are some links to the trail
The following mountain roads and passes are usually closed from October - May or June:
Hwy 89 over Monitor Pass
Hwy 4 Ebbet's Pass
Hwy 108 Sonora Pass
Hwy 120 Tioga Pass through Yosemite National Park
Hwy 89 at Mt Lassen National Park.
Current road conditions please call California Department of Transportation (CalTrans): 800-427-ROAD.
Of course there are other routes to get here. Just look at a good map and explore a little bit. Remember that some of our local roads are closed during the winter so check for road closures at 800-427-ROAD
Cozy Year Round!
Tahoma Meadows Bed and Breakfast
Tahoma CA 96142
GPS/ Google Earth:
Your Hosts: Dick and Ulli White
Member of CABBI, AAA, North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, and Lake Tahoe Bed and Breakfast Association
Web Page Design by Big White Dog Pub